Wednesday, August 27, 2014

MELBOURNE

| | 0 comments
I JUST CAME BACK FROM MELBOURNE!

Surprise surprise! I flew to Melbourne over the weekend for an open audition with a dance company called ADT. Seriously I had so much fun there! I think maybe a little bit too much.

My first day consisted of waking up early from a incredibly late flight and walking into the city. I told myself before I got to Melbourne that I wouldn't buy anything because I literally just bought things in Perth...

Holy shit.
I
went
crazy.

After hunting down most of the stores that we don't have in small town Perth, I caught up with a friend who was performing in Melbourne. It was so great to see him and to meet new friends. We walked around town and discovered some really cute alley ways filled with indie shops and cafes.

Yeah, I was a complete tourist.

The second day I caught up with two of my friends in Perth - Grace and Damo. We had a huge dilemma, which I'd much rather not get into because it was crazy. Anyway, we decided to head to Chapel St to do more shopping but before that we stopped by at a version of Harbour Town but way bigger and had way more stores. Once again, we went crazy. It didn't stop there! When we hit Chapel St it just got even worse! We spent all afternoon walking down Chapel St walking into store into store into store. It was seriously one of the best therapy I had in a long time.

After a long day of walking, we headed out to the Merywell for some classic American dinner, which made Grace super happy because she American... Duh.

The next day was my audition. I didn't get in as excepted but I did have a lot of fun. It was so great learning new moves from the rep that we did and it felt so good to just learn and dance. I've been improvising so much lately I needed some mindless dancing! The only down side was that the audition lasted for 2 hours and I felt shit because it was like I was paying $500 (for the flights) just for 2 hours of dancing. Also probably didn't help that the audition was smack bang in the middle of lunch so I started getting hungry half way through and was like shaking... got to say good experience though.

The last day I spent the day quite upset. I had blisters on my feet, I had to return these shoes for Grace which I didn't end up returning, just buying them off Grace and exchanging them for a smaller size and watched my friend Elle performing in the King and I. There was a lot of waiting around, walking around, freezing my ass off because oh my god, Melbourne was cold. I also managed to get my boyfriend angry because I called him forgetting the time difference between Melbourne and Perth and woke him up from his sleep.

Anyway. I don't have much to say other than I spent $600 on clothes and food, which is ridiculous!

Oh well, I'm broke now but at least I'm happy!

I got a job interview tomorrow so hopefully I'll be getting that cash rolling in!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Facebook Tumblr