Tuesday, June 3, 2014

HONG KONG // DAY 2

| | 0 comments
Today was a pretty chilla day in Hong Kong.

I woke up at 9am (yes I actually got up at the time I was meant to get up) and got ready to go out and explore the harbour side of Tsim Sha Tsui with Themis. She picked me up at 10 and we drove down. We got to walk through the Art Exhibition Centre (I think that is what it is called) and saw really cool contemporary statues of everyday lives in Hong Kong. We kept on walking down till we hit the Avenue of Stars and took some silly photos with the statues there. There were so many people trying to get in a photo. Every time I go in to take a photo someone else jumps in! I guess my Australian etiquette isn't applicable here... Need to be more feisty. We then stopped by Starbucks (YES!) and grabbed a quick drink and snack. I didn't have breakfast so I ended up getting yoghurt and blueberry muesli and grapefruit fruit juice. So stupid - I went to Starbucks and didn't even get a coffee.

Afterwards we headed back to the hostel to pick my up friend Cheryl and went to this shopping mall which I can't remember the name but its a new mall. We had to drive around the mall about 4 times before we finally found the parking entrance! There were so much construction happening around that mall it was a joke. Apparently that is a new area that is being developed.

We had Japanese food for lunch and oh my god it was amazing! I had salmon with salmon roe. It was a big bowl of deliciousness! I never had salmon roe; they're like caviar but giant sized and they burst into liquid when you eat them. They're super salty too!

After good chats and a full belly we all parted our own way. Themis had to go back home and Cheryl went off to see the Lion rock. I decided to get some shopping done since the shops are right there and I managed to get a giant dusty blue turtle neck knit sweater and a very cute bikini set. Altogether it was $298HK which is around $40 aussie, which is a joke!   So cheap! I did get the sweater on sale so that was a bargain.

After walking around I caught a taxi back to the hostel (because to be honest I could not be bothered to walk around and find the MTR station) and hung out with my new roommate Wendy!

Wendy is 25 years old. She's a Chinese teacher and she teaches at Cheryl's old primary school! (how crazy!) She's super cute and such a sweet heart. I'm amazed she doesn't have a boyfriend! But she said she's okay just being single even if she is single her whole life. She's so different from the typical Singaporean girl. I like her :) She's also a bit of a mama bear!

After spending some quality time chatting to Wendy, I quickly got ready for the "welcome dinner". I got to meet everyone! Felt slightly out of place because everyone there is so much older than me but it was alright. They were all great to talk to (even though I didn't get to talk much). We ate at the Marco Polo hotel in some Shanghai restaurant. Yummy food!

After dinner, I headed back down to the harbour to take more pictures of the beautiful view. It started to sprinkle a little bit to I ran down the road and went into H&M to see if there was anything in this store I wanted to get. There were no winter stuff there and there wasn't much on sale. SAD FACE. There were a few things I wanted to get but then I started thinking cheaply and was like, "oh is it really worth 10 aussie dollars?"

I think I'm going to wait and just go to Temple Street or one of the markets/shops where its local boutique store or set up stalls and buy some stuff there.

I do need to get shoes though.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Facebook Tumblr